to National Cancer Registrars Association's Council on Certification
Web site. The National Cancer Registrars Association’s (NCRA) Council
on Certification promotes standardization in the collection and use of
cancer data through examination and certification of Cancer Registrars
and other cancer data specialists. The CTR®, Certified
Tumor Registrar, credential marks achievement, fosters professional pride,
and is nationally recognized in recruitment and retention of registry
2016 CTR Exam
February 27 – March 19; application deadline = January 29
June 18 – July 9; application deadline = May 20
October 15 – November 5; application deadline = September 16
- Each of the 3 testing windows will be 3-weeks long.
- Request a PDF copy of the 2015 CTR Exam Candidates Handbook & Application.
- Find a testing center location
- Carrels at testing centers are 39 inches wide and the desks are 35.5” wide and 27” deep. To maximize desk space the computer monitors are mounted on the rear carrel.
- To get a sense of the testing center setup, watch this video.
- All questions are multiple-choice.
- See the
list of resources and references.
- View Exam Content Outline & Blueprint
- Collaborative Stage will NOT be tested on the 2016 exams.
- Sample exam items
- Exam Registration Fees: $399 ($299, NCRA member-rate)
- Two forms of identification are required for exam candidates at testing centers. One form of identification must be a current and valid government issued form of identification which contains the candidate’s picture and is signed (i.e. driver’s licenses, passports, non-drivers state identification cards, etc.). Temporary identification government issued identification is not accepted. The second form of identification must include the candidates name and signature (i.e. signed debit/credit cards, social security cards, student ID cards, etc.)
- After completing the examination, candidates will only receive an exam completion report, but no test results. Candidates will be notified by email within six weeks from the LAST DAY of the testing period to access their test results online. Scores on the major areas of the examination and on the total examination will also be reported.
- Candidates must receive a passing score on the total examination (closed-book + open-book) to become certified.
NCRA's Council on Certification neither sponsors nor endorses review
courses or prepared preparatory materials for the Certification Examination
for Cancer Registrars. Check the list of resources that may be of use in preparing for the examination.
NATIONAL CANCER REGISTRARS ASSOCIATION
Learn more information about National
Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA), a non-profit, professional
organization with over nearly 4,800 members representing the various
types of institutions that have an interest and responsibility in cancer
services and data. NCRA promotes education, credentialing, and advocacy
for Cancer Registry professionals.
Documents in PDF format can be downloaded and printed
from your computer. You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view or print
Download it here for free.
Home | About | Credential | Exam | Eligibility | Resources
Copyright © 2004-2015 by National Cancer
all rights reserved.